First week

Sunday, August 10, 2014

I am so sorry I havent come around and visited you guys. Whoever said teaching was easy was a big fat liar. I am so tired when I get home that I have literally no energy to do anything else. However, I went from a job where I sat on my butt for 9 hours to constantly being on my feet.

My first week was great. A lot of you asked me exactly what I was doing. Basically the staff wanted to see me in action so they suggested I do a couple of long term subbing jobs at the school. Right now I am subbing in a resource room for 1st grade for the next 6 weeks. After that I will be doing a maternity leave for a kindergarten class until November or December. Once those two positions are over with I am not guaranteed a job. Im hoping I can find another long term subbing position until the end of the year when they start hiring again. Thats why this was such a huge leap of faith because a job is not guaranteed but this is what I want to do and I have faith that things will work out the way they are supposed to.

I did not get any kids last week basically I did a lot of walking around and helping with  testing and preparing my classroom. Since I am a resource teacher I do not have my own students, I will walk around and pull students to help them out in a smaller classroom. Tomorrow is really going to be my first day teaching and I am very excited but nervous all at the same time because its a little different than what I am used to. I interned with the teacher I am subbing for so I am sure it will all come back to me once I get started.

I promise to make my rounds and visit as soon as I have time and energy. I love all of your support and kind words :)

10 comments

  1. Glad you're enjoying the job so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all of it goes good girl. Just keep your head up and keep the faith like you've been doing. I'm sure things will work out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you take your time girl ;) so glad your first week went great, hope this week is even better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have said this before but I believe it is going to turn out in your favor! You have nothing to worry about!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay you for having a busy and great first week! Im excited for you. So you had to take some time off the blog, I think its worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you're doing something you love and that it's going well so far. I hope today is a great day for you and that the kids love you. Which, of course they will!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha...Can't say I blame you for using the, "I'm new here." excuse to the max in the AM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As far as my blog goes, you haven't missed much. Lol.

    ReplyDelete

If you notice I do not respond to your comments, it is because you are a "no reply" blogger and I am unable too!
How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a check mark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.**